Solutions Architecht, Britehouse Automotive
Coenie has been working in the software design and development industry for 18 years, 11 years of which was spent working with the OpenEdge product suite, and 7 years working with Microsoft technologies.
Coenie started his career in software development, after completing a Bsc Computational Intelligence degree, as a C++ developer passionate about Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. In 2008 Coenie joined Britehouse Automotive (formerly Automate) as a Progress OpenEdge developer specializing in the design and development of the Dealer Management System, which is the core product of the company.
In 2012 Coenie furthered his career as Systems Architect and from 2013 Coenie was the Systems Architect for the Application Modernization team, focusing on the following:
- Due Diligence of the modernization project from a technical perspective
- Design and documentation of the modernized application architecture
- Implementation of the toolset required by the modernization team
- Design and implementation of automated deployment system
Coenie has also been involved with the OpenEdge community by presenting numerous topics at:
- EMEA PUG Challenges
- PUG Challenge Americas
- PUG Challenge South Africa
- Some smaller local conferences in South Africa