Oct 10, 2018, 10:00 - 13:00
Presenter: Thomas Hansen, Nodeable
Progress is busy getting OpenEdge into the Docker universe. This workshop is a kickstarter for Docker in general and in particular with using OpenEdge. The workshop is presented by nodeable, who have been working actively with Docker and containerization on a daily basis since 2015 for all aspects of the application lifecycle. This also includes using OpenEdge for internal development and testing.
- • Docker and container basics.
- • The main part of the workshop would cover hands-on steps to get started with installing Docker on a Linux server or laptop and the going the steps to preparing a small sample OpenEdge application to build and push to a docker registry.
- • Go through the steps of running the application locally in Docker containers.
- • Next steps will be to set up Rancher 2.0 (an orchestration platform for Docker containers making it easy to get started with Kubernetes) and use this to spin up a small Kubernettes cluster. We will then go through the steps of packaging up the application into a Helm Chart and spinning up the OpenEdge application through Rancher on Kubernettes.
- • Final steps would be to make some changes to the application and go through the process of upgrading the image and pushing an upgrade to the running application on Kubernetes.
Remaining seats: 0